Well, after two weeks of not seeing many results from the Buspar Stella was taking, I called the neurologist at Children's Hospital and begged for some help with these sleep issues.
Over the weekend, Stella slept about 6 hours total over 2 days. Day or night, she wakes up after a couple of hours, refreshed, energetic and ready to play. At 1 a.m., though, it's not funny and really awful for John and me. We took turns entertaining her over the weekend, but we both would've loved some sleep and respite from day-and-night entertaining Stella.
Risperdal is a pretty heavy-duty drug; it's actually called an anti-psychotic. But it's given to a lot of kids with ASDs. I hope it works for now. Some of my new friends have children with ASD and they've said the sleep issues get better. I hope that's the case for Stella and she won't need meds forever.
Right now she's sleeping, and I hope she stays asleep. I need a good 5 or 6 hours tonight at minimum.
Well better go chop some apples for the Apple Crisp I'm taking to my board meeting tomorrow...
Karmel
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope this new treatment is working!! I have an adorable young man in my classroom this year who is on the autism spectrum. He is very bright, has a cute sense of humor and wants to do well. I am very hopeful that both Elizabeth and Stella will fare just as well! Our prayers are with all of you. Both pictures on your first posting are great!!!
Aunt Mary Ann
Thanks for resurrecting the blog. I love keeping up with my adorable goddaughter! :)
I hope Stella is sleeping better for you. That must be so hard on all of you...
I look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment