Friday, February 02, 2007

All cooped up, dead of winter

It's supposed to be a cold weekend, and not much is going on in our house. We're looking at highs of 12° and 5° on Saturday and Sunday.

John has been taking Stella to the mall so she can stretch her legs and run in the play area. She's been trying to keep herself busy at home and has gotten into books again. She loves to sit at our kitchen table and pour over her books. I say she picked this up from her dad, who's always reading at the table.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unfortunately, I fell down while getting Stella off the bus yesterday. It was icy and my shoes didn't get good traction. I think I'm okay, but all I need is to move more slowly!

John is taking a photography class at Kellogg Community College so he's trying to beat the winter blues, too. He's got plenty of winter landscapes to choose from. Not only that, but we've got a whole bunch of stuff to put together ... crib, swing, pack & play, etc. So fun! Anyone who wants to come help is welcome ...

I hope everyone has a safe and warm weekend! I hope your Super Bowl team wins!

2 comments:

Karmel said...

Dad, Stella goes in and out with books. Right now, she is crazy about them.

Since we started occupational therapy, she's been much better about entertaining herself. She enjoys playing with the Little People Schoolhouse and the Little People Farm, too. And John has been teaching her to play the drums. She is even starting to develop rhythm.

She is back in school today, and ready for it.

I saw the doc yesterday, and she said the baby is fine. Heartbeat is 150 bpm. No guesses yet as to when he'll come, but we'll check in two weeks when I go back. Since I've been sick, John and I have done nothing to get ready!

Hope you warm up in Kansas too. It is waaay too cold here. Stella got on the bus this morning and the temp is -3°F! Brrrr!

Aunt Edie said...

Hi Karmel,
Loved the picture of Stella, she is just so cute, like her momma when she was little.

Can't wait for the new baby, I'm just so excited, but the blanket will probably not get done in time, just like STella's.

Be careful, remember, when you fall you can't get up very easily at this stage.
Miss you and wish I could be there with you. Aunt Edie