Rough weather, though. The week started out well with great weather, but eventually it was extremely cold and we had a lot of lake effect snow. So instead of running around in the backyard, Mom and Stella spent a lot of time indoors, reading books and playing.

Stella had a great week with talking, by the way. We heard a few complete sentences, like "I told you no!" and "I try to move it!" At one point I was asking her what her papa says, and she said, "Brr!" Then I asked her what her Grandma (Kathy) says, and she said, "I wuv you." (The whole phrase). Pretty good. I think a week away from school was a much needed break for her. I know she's been working pretty hard in school. Her parent teacher conference was a couple of weeks ago, and her teacher reported that she is progressing wonderfully with her ABLLS.
My mom also enjoyed the newest member of the family, too, of course! She decided she likes little boys, even if it took a little bit of getting-used-to.

He's growing like crazy. Today he gave me his first happy smile at 5 weeks. Of course, it'll be awhile before we capture it on camera.

A couple Fridays ago, Joe, Kathy, Jill and Lauren came out here to Battle Creek to see Albert John. It was a really great visit. Lauren is so experienced with little ones, since she has a little sister and brother on her dad's side. It was nice to have her help because A.J. wants to be held a lot! It'll be so great for Jill when she has her baby to have Lauren around -- she'll be a wonderful big sister!

Kathy made curtains for Stella's room (to help darken the room), and Joe came to help hang them. They're beautiful, by the way. It was so nice to see everyone! Stella enjoyed all the extra attention.

Fruit snacks are messy!
2 comments:
Hello Karmel, I can't beliefe how much AJ has grown in a month, or that he is even a month old. Looks like your mom enjoyed her visit with the grandkids. Tell John I like his pictures very much. Hard to believe my little niece,Karmel, has two children of her own.
Great Pictures!
It is always a pleasure to log on and see your family growing.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment