Her diet has just gone from bad to worse.
But today she ate two platefuls of spaghetti, which was once her favorite.

And it's gluten free pasta, too!
I have the energy now to play the battle of wills. I find that if she gets hungry enough, she'll eat. It's good to know, because she's probably going to go on a special diet this summer to see if it helps her focus/hyperactivity problems. Yay, Stella! My spaghetti girl!
2 comments:
Karmel,
No doubt about it, your daughter is a cutie. Also nice seeing her eat an ethnic meal that would do honor to your namesake, Carmela (Carmel) Farnella. I know you think it's dumb, but I think it's destiny. Don't foget that except for my time as a marine, I have always lived in a state where somewhere over the rainbow anything is possible.
Gluten free pasta - is that like what Crystal and I eat, whole wheat pasta? I just don't see things that say gluten free in the supermarkets.
Speaking of supermarkets, Wal-Mart has killed the grocery stores here. Even in Joplin, about 7 stores have closed. Now with the competition eliminated, their prices have soared. Sam Walton, what in the world did you start?
Pernell is coming home from San Francisco July first. We are getting together for a bang of a time out to the farm. Too bad the entire Puzzuoli clan (Joe Dad and the whole bunch)couldn't make it down to meet the paternal side of your family. Not sure how they would take your Uncles Pernell, Donie and Jerry. But one thing for sure, on the way back to Michigan all would confess that they've never met a family like that one!
I've had troubles for the past three weeks with my lower back. MRI's, Orthopediac Surgeons and spinal injections will take up my next six weeks. I planted tomatoes cucumbers, squash and cantaloupe on my hands and knees. I walk around town like Groucho Marx. I draw some jeers from the community faithful. All in good humor and folks can't pass it up.
Take care of my grandkids.
Love you,
Dad
Dad, I'm sorry to hear your back is bothering you a lot again. I know that's really painful. We are all sending "feel better" vibes.
Gluten-free means without wheat. I know, it's crazy for a Kansas native to eliminate wheat from her child's diet, kinda like a Wisconsin-ian cutting out dairy (which we will also try). Supposedly these diets help with focus. We won't try it fully, though, until June when Stella starts summer school. Luckily, there are a lot of products out there for special diets. Whether they taste good or not is yet to be determined.
Sorry to hear Wal-Mart is still driving the little guy out. I know that is part of their business plan – to drive out the competition with super-low prices, and then raise their prices once their competitors are gone. I try not to shop there, but sometimes I do.
The kids are doing fine. Stella was home sick Friday due to a cold, but she seems better now!
Take care of that back!
Post a Comment