The trip up north, with both Stella and Albert in the car, is no picnic, though. I was cursing myself the entire way up there. I kept saying to myself . . . you must be the stupidest person on the planet! It was a monumental task packing for the baby and Stella, who's on a special diet. And I hate to hear all that crying from the carseat, too.
But once we were there, things got a lot better. The weather was clear and cool most days, and Glen Lake and Lake Michigan were always that beautiful blue.
Stella, Kendall and Lori all hiked to the top of the dunes, and Stella didn't want to come down.
We went to Traverse City and had lots of fun downtown, and we enjoyed some food from Art's and walking around Glen Arbor.
The camera managed to snap a few pictures at Glen Haven beach.
Stella enjoyed the rocks. She's into rocks these days, and there are plenty in Lake Michigan.

Albert did not like going into the water, so he stayed ashore with me.

(I am still working on taking off the baby weight; it doesn't show in this picture but some of it is starting to come off. Or maybe I am just starting to cut my brownie intake!)
It was nice having Kendall around to help with Stella and Albert. She was a little mother. She had a good time, too, and even went kayaking in Glen Lake!

I wish there were more pictures, but I have to get film developed. I hate going backwards in the digital age!
Right now, I'm exhausted. We had to get up early and do some clean-up before we left. And then the long drive, unpacking. I'll blog more later ...
5 comments:
Kareml,
Good to hear you all returned safe and sound. You never mentioned if Stella was in the water much and you had mentioned she has no fear of it. You think she could take remedial swimming lessons someday?
It was nice for your sake having others along to help out. Stella's former bus driver must be quite a person.
We've been having a cold snap here. It has been in the mid nineties for the past few days. Glad you had a good time and were able to get away from the everyday doldrums.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Love,
Dad
I've actually enrolled Stella in a swim class at the hospital in Kalamazoo next month ... it's specifically for kids with special needs.
She'll also get to swim at her new school; they have a pool there and the kids get to swim about once a week.
But she wasn't too bad around the water; she mostly stayed by the shore and played with rocks. We also forbid her from going out on the dock, which was a good move.
I was so nice to have Lori help out. Actually I didn't say enough about her. Without her, I would've been stuck at home, but with her along, we got to do a lot of things that I wouldn't have been able to do...even though we had to take the kiddos along! And on the last night, she let me steal away to Art's Tavern so I could have dinner and an ice cold beer! It was nice!
Wow- Stella looks a lot bigger in that picture - very tall and cute!
I'm glad you had a good time and were able to get out and do stuff. A beer at Art's sounds good right now!
Karmel,
I think you look great! Keeping up with your two active kids has had some benefit...
I'm glad that you had a good trip!
Karmel,
You look great and you're a wonderful mommy! I'm so glad you were able to get out and have some time to yourself. It's good for you and for Stella and A.J. as well. They are both just darling and I'm so happy to hear that you all had a good time. Good luck with all of your back-to-school and daycare festivities!
XOXO
Teri
Post a Comment