Saturday, December 01, 2007

Warning: this is cheesy

I saw this poem online once, and I wanted to share it here with friends and family. Some of you might think it's kind of cheesy, as is most "poetry" that you read online, but this is one of those rare sentiments that brings me comfort sometimes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Do Talk To You
by Jessica Soukup

I know you can't hear me . . . but I do talk to you.
And I hear everything you say to me too.
I hear when you laugh when I do something funny
I hear you yell "Hooray" when I try so hard
I hear you tell others how you'd never trade me for the world
Even with all the trials I came with.
I hear you thank God for what a blessing you have been given.
I hear you encourage me when I can almost do it
I hear you cry, too, when it gets a little harder
And when you ask God "Why?!" your baby
And I know you know I understand somehow.
And you know I listen when you talk to me too
But, I want you to know, Mom . . .
I do talk to you.


I just love that little sweetheart!

We're under a winter storm warning, snow, sleet and freezing rain. Actually, the real Michigan winter is always a welcome sight for me, especially with all the talk about global warming. Snow in December in Michigan is wonderfully normal. I just hope everyone out there is driving safely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that the poem is cheesey at all, I think it is exactly what
stella would say and I love her , I often feel sorry for myself because I was missing out of lots of things with my first grandchild like walking in the park and playing together and talking about all sorts of things , and hearing her ask me questions and asking me why is the sky blue and the grass green I felt sorry for me, but as I watch her grow I think what it would be like to be in her shoes how hard it would be to try and please everyone and not understand why people are upset with you and not understand why this happened to Stella, feeling bad and not being able to tell any one, I think about walking three and a half years in her little shoes, she is such a smart brave little soul who is also missing out on alot of things, but I know in my heart that she will make up for them someday, because she is special and loved very much by her grandma Susan, more than anyone else struggles she struggles more she gives evrything her best, and she never quits trying, someday she will surprise everyone God Bless Stella

Anonymous said...

That is a great poem and expresses probably what we all feel. I know that little Stella understands much more than we think and I fervently hope that some day she will be able to express it in a way we can understand. She is the most courageous little person I know and You and John have this tremendous challenge rasing her but I really think she's worth it. Granma Susan hit it right on the mark. Pappa Joe