Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Wintery blast!

2008 arrived a snow white world. We greeted the new year with heavy snow on the trees from a big snow system that dumped a lot of snow, but had little wind ... it's really pretty.

John grudgingly went outside to shovel the driveway ... but suddenly our neighbor from across the street appeared and started clearing it with his snowblower.

Here are some pictures that John took:

The Backyard
Photobucket

The House
Photobucket

You can't really tell where the street is!
Photobucket

Looks like I might be going to the doctor myself. This bad cold I have may have gotten the best of me and morphed into something worse ... I usually don't go to the doctor for being sick but this may be one of those rare occasions!

Stella and A.J. are doing well today. We are looking forward to watching them grow in the coming year. They bring us a lot of joy!

I think I've given up on New Year's resolutions, but not on resolve itself. I resolve to having goals again, instead of just riding the tide. It's like Dr. Phil says, "you have to name it to claim it." So I'm just going to start naming it. (If that makes sense ... I know it doesn't. But that's okay).

Black eyed peas for dinner. Hopefully they'll bring us luck. Actually, I make a concoction with rice, tomato sauce, smoked saugage, sauteed vegetables and the black eyed peas. It's sort of like Hoppin' John but better, more tomato-ey. I wish I had something decadent for dessert but no energy to make it. I know most people are thinking about being less decadent today, but I've thinned up over the holidays due to this ratty cold. So I'd be all for some cranberry cake or blueberry cheesecake or brownies if I had them.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRR! You should never have moved futher north than Kansas City! It just makes me shiver to see all that snow! Loved the Christmas pics!

Aunt Edie

Anonymous said...

The snow fall really left everything a blanket of white, but there needs to be some snow people built out in the front yard like a Mama and Daddy and two little snow people, that would be a good project. You have plenty of snow to use Love Ya grandma Susan