Friday, March 14, 2008

Winter loses hold!

The snow is almost all melted. The big ice jam at the end of our driveway has all but disappeared. And Stella and AJ have seen the light of day.

Today it's supposed to be 54° and for the forseeable future, all temps are above freezing.

Ahhhhhhhh!

I took both kids outside yesterday. Albert John probably can't remember the backyard; it's been buried under a blanket of snow for months! He kind of stood there in a daze when I took him out.

Photobucket

Stella has been outside a couple of times, and she loves it. She's an outdoor girl. She ran around giggling in true Stella form.

Photobucket

But because she had been up since 4 a.m. (don't ask) and had swimming at school that day, she quickly got tired and sat down in a pile of leaves and looked somber:

Photobucket

Speaking of those leaves, yes, they're left from last fall. I hope John will finally get a chance to rake them up this weekend.

Albert eventually discovered a pile of rocks and put some in his mouth, hence the dirty face!

Photobucket

1 comment:

MB said...

What a relief for you and the kids! I can't imagine putting up with all of that snow and ice. It sounds like this winter in Michigan was really something. That's how I remember winter when I was a kid - snow on the ground almost all of the time. Then, starting in my highschool years, winters abruptly got much less snowy. (Now my winters in Seattle are essentially snow-free, unless I choose to drive to the snow in the mountains. I much prefer it this way. :) )

Here's to spring!!