We finally got AJ into some real shoes so he can run around outside. He acts a little unsure of himself when they first go on his feet ... he hangs onto something for dear life. But then he remembers how to walk and is unstoppable once again!


Thank goodness for a great little store in Kalamazoo called "Little Chick." It's an actual children's shoe store where people measure their feet. They carry a lot of sizes and brands, too. AJ's new Stride Rite shoes are an extra wide! (He inherited my feet.)
A.J. passed on some really bad cooties to Stella. The doctor thought last week that he had the herpangina virus ... Hand/Foot/Mouth disease. He had a fever of 103°, but Stella is suffering today with a temperature of 104.6°. I really needed to get her back to school this week after a long week of Spring Break last week. I'm needing to work this week because our silent auction is this Friday. But this is just my luck.
Our winter, and now spring, has been so full of various sicknesses. I keep praying that any day now it will stop and the kiddos (and John and I) will have a long period of good health.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Stella's version of this will clear up quickly, like A.J.'s did, and she'll be able to return to school. She just seems so much sicker.
And just to make everyone feel better, here is the song "New Shoes."
Paolo Nutini - "New Shoes"
7 comments:
AJ looks like he is ready to go anywhere and everywhere! :) And, always with a big grin on his face! What a cutie!
I hope Stella feels much better very soon. And, good luck preparing for the auction! I bet it will go really well. Please let us know afterwards (after you've taken a rest).
I don't think there are things much cuter than baby shoes. I'm such a sucker for them!
I hope Stella feels better soon. Good luck this week!
Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything feels allright. I'm sure AJ is feelin" allright. I hope Stella will too!
Does AJ go to the daycare right around the corner from your house that is the spin off of Stars & Stripes? My nephew goes there and I could swear one of the kids in his class looks identical to AJ. Anyway, hope your silent auction goes well tonight! Take care!
Laura M.
Karmel,
What an adorable picture and what a great song! AJ looks like he's ready to take on the world! He sure is cute!
I sure hope Stella is feeling better and I'm looking forward to hearing how her horseback riding lessons go. You're such a dedicated and caring Mommy!
Take care and best of luck with your silent auction tonight! I'll being thinking of you and praying for high numbers! :)
Laurie, yes, A.J. goes to Paws & Stripes daycare. So if you think you saw him, you did! Good eye, because sometimes in the sea of babies, they all look alike to me! How is Aaron doing? We should get them together someday.
Teri, thanks for your comments. I always love seeing you reply to the blog.
love that song New SHoes! Paulo N is one of my favorites- i have the cd! I know I'm late posting on the blog but had to write!! AJ looks adorable in his new shoes. I cannot wait to see him be baptized on sunday!! WHOO HOOO!
Aunt Jill
Post a Comment