A.J. did great on the trip up. At some point along the way, he realized he was the only child with us and that made him happy. He didn't fuss at all the whole way there, but I can't say the same for the return trip.
Stella enjoyed her time with Papa and Grandma too. They took her everywhere ... for ice cream, to Kohl's, Menards, etc. And of course our house was in much better shape when we returned. It amazes me how efficient those two are at getting things done! They did a tremendous amount of stuff while we were gone, even with the high demands of taking care of Stella.
I remember having a lot of fun up north with Stella, before A.J. came along. So it was nice to focus on him for a couple of days.
He got right into the water upon our arrival.

We introduced him to one of my favorite places: Leland. I just love "Fishtown." I love the boats, the smell and coolness of the air, and the view of the Manitou Islands, which I hope to visit someday. It's always a favorite destination of mine when we're at Glen Lake.

John loves Leland for Carlson's Fish Market, mainly their fish paté and beef jerkey. We always go in there.

John, the classic car enthusiast, would appreciate me posting a picture of this split window Corvette:

I've been working on healthy eating, but I did indulge myself in some deep fried smelt, which John says are "deep fried minnows."

We went out for ice cream in Glen Arbor. That's John's Mackinac Island Fudge in a waffle cone.

Albert John had lots of fun on our last morning there at the Old Settlers Picnic Grounds:

It was a windy day when we left; the lake was very choppy so we didn't take out the boat.

Hope you enjoyed these pictures! Thanks again to Joe and Kathy for letting us get away!
3 comments:
Such great pictures!! Up North is my favorite place to be so I love seeing pictures from there.
I'm getting excited to be in Michigan a week from Friday!!
Hey guys - the pictures look GREAT!
You ALL look like you had a wonderful time. Karmel your face looks so relaxed and your smile bright! AJ is getting huge and it was so nice to see these pictures of him at the cottage. I miss all of you - and hope Stella Roo had fun with Grandma and Papa. Love you!
Jill
One more comment...on the photos taken. John - as usual you take excellent photography! I especially LOVE the first one of Karmel and AJ by the water. It is beautiful. Would love a copy of that one!
love the backpacking shots too.
Fishtown...ahhh....gotta get back there.
"The Fred"
Post a Comment