Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blueberry Pie

Today is my mom's first full day with her grandkiddos. A.J. has already coined her "Nana" ... and she has jumped in to this crazy household. It's good to have her here. Her train trip went right on schedule, and despite a few weirdos on the train, no problems whatsoever. She arrived in B.C. at 10 p.m. as planned.

I was in and out a lot today, taking Stella to appointments, so Grandma stayed with A.J. We celebrated her first day here with a big dinner ... I made a turkey meatloaf (not very yummy), and a blueberry pie with Michigan blueberries (very yummy). Here's the proof:

After a few pieces came out:
Photobucket

It's no shock A.J. loved it ... he loved the last blueberry pie I made, too. Michigan blueberries are so flavorful and fresh. Blueberry pie just has sooo much deep flavor to it!

Photobucket

John's second piece:
Photobucket

I'm a blueberry fan ... as a superfood, antioxidant and pie filling!

After our walk, Grandma "Nana" drew a picture on the sidewalk that Stella enjoyed:
Photobucket

We're looking forward to her being here for the next several days. Hooray for Grandma!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That picture of A.J. with the blueberry pie is classic. Hope you have a good visit with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Oooh that pie looks good.So do my beautiful grandkids. Best wishes to grandma susan. Hope you guys have a good time at the cottage. I have an early birthday present for you Karmel, Hint--it may be helpful in making pie dough. Pappa Joe