Since winter seems to be on the retreat, my children have been outside in the light of day, which makes recording videos much easier and more fun.
However, one thing that I could've done much sooner was get video of Stella swimming. She's still doing very well. I'm thrilled with the fact that she's now able to move her arms while swimming. Up until recently, she would only swim by kicking (which is pretty amazing in itself, but not very good if you want to swim more than ten seconds). So it's wonderful to see this:
A lot of times people think of autism as cognitive disorder only, but really it affects the whole body. It's common for autistic people to be uncoordinated, and to not be able to feel their arms and legs at the same time. Stella's ability to use her arms and hands has come after literally years of therapy. She is so brave in the pool. I would scream like a banchee at her age if I were made to swim like that at five years old. She's got courage!
A.J. is getting big and smart, too smart. I took a few videos of him lately to show you a little more of him. He had great fun when his Papa & Grandma were here for a visit yesterday. Here he is:
It was so nice to have Joe and Kathy out for a visit yesterday. It went by too fast, it was fun. Kathy spiffed up Stella's bedroom with a new shaggy bright green rug, and did tons of vacuuming for me in there. I think Stella had a great day.

Here is a picture of Albert pulling my hair. We are into hitting, pulling hair and being all around-all boy aggressive. What will I do?
3 comments:
no pics or video of husband? must have been an oversight!
Yay for the camcorder!!! It's great seeing these videos of the kids. They are so cute. :)
Grandma susan - that's a great present we can all enjoy.
Those kids are getting so cute.
Aunt Edie
Post a Comment