I took A.J. to our local zoo, Binder Park Zoo, for the first time last Friday. It's probably the best attraction Battle Creek has to offer outsiders, and the day we went, there were hundreds of schoolkids there on end-of-year field trips and it was crazy.
Plus, taking a two-year-old has challenges of its own. I got there early so we could get around the place before he crashes at 12 noon for his nap. Here he is with a peacock.

He also enjoyed the waterfall and bridge.

The zoo has an amazing Africa exhibit, but it's an event unto itself, so we are saving that for next time. I can see the value of having a season pass, but haven't sprung for it yet.
A week ago, John started working rigorously on scrubbing and cleaning our deck, scraping leaves out of the seams and mopping it over and over again with deck wash. Afterward, he put up our patio set, and now it really feels like a new season has arrived. It was such a long and hard winter (a neighbor said over 100 inches of snow, can that be right?, and soooo much bitter cold), and I don't think I've recovered from it completely. I had never really minded Michigan winters until I was cooped up with two small children...brutal. But with the patio set up, it feels like we've arrived, and the kids like having their supper out there. They had Papa Murphy's cheese pizza tonight.

Stella wanted me to take her picture and here is the beautiful girl with her awesome t-shirt.

Her last day of school is June 10th, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified. She's very hard to entertain, and with A.J. (a.k.a. Mr. Demanding), I can get completely frustrated. She does have summer school, but it's only 3 days a week, and she only goes for 3 days in the month of June (more in July and August). Say a prayer for me or send me some good zen vibes.
1 comment:
I love Stella's t-shirt!!! :) It's great to see her in pictures these days. She looks so much more engaged with you as you are taking her picture.
Post a Comment