Stella had a pretty good day, even though it started a little rough. She was upset for about 5 minutes after you left before I got her interested in collecting some of the balls in the classroom. She did well during circle time and she enjoyed our singing. She did cry a few times throughout the day -- mostly when we were transitioning to new activities.She didn't eat very much for lunch, but she was falling asleep at the table, so we decided to lay her down. She slept for about an hour -- she woke up about 1 p.m.
Today we let her explore the room at her own pace. During booth time I used the time for Stella to get used to the booth and allow her a chance to play with all the reinforcers. She really liked the vehicles and farm animals puzzle.
Tomorrow morning may be hard also. I'm sure she's not going to be ready yet to let you go, but she does calm down pretty quickly and she had fun today
Nicole
So there you have it -- Stella's first day at school!
John took a quick trip up to the cottage this weekend and wanted me to post some of his famous up north photos.

Pastoral

Sailboat
7 comments:
Yeah!! It sounds like Stella's going to be ok. So, how did you do today? Any crying with transitions? Could you eat lunch?
If it makes you feel any better, there are still kids in Elizabeth's preschool class who throw quite a tantrum when their parents leave. This is after 3+ weeks of school AND the kids are neurotypical. It sounds like Stella did great, especially given that she's so young.
Good luck tomorrow, too. The second day can be tough, too.
Whenever I get overwhelmed with all of this, I remember what another mom told me--that this time is really rough, but it does have an end. Hopefully by the time Stella and Elizabeth are in school, these difficulties will just be distant memories. (Probably even sooner for Stella...)
It is wonderful to hear about Stella's first day. I am so proud of her. She's so brave, and so are you!
Her teacher sounds very caring and knowledgeable. I hope that is comforting to you.
I do hope you're doing okay. How was your first day of Stella's school?
I love the photos. They are beautiful. I'd like to see more.
Karmel - just read all of the school notes. Sounds like Stella did great!! How was today? Lauren and I pray for you all every night. WE hope to see you soon and were bummed we didn't get to see you last week.
I got to see Miss Veda Jane the day she was born and OH what a cutie! She looks wonderful! Livi stayed with us Friday night - Sunday morning and we had a great time with her.
I like John's photos. Very nice.
Jill
Looks like my grand daughter did well yesterday. How did my daughter do? Must of been a few tears in mother's eyes. The pictures John took are great. Must be a beautiful place. Sure doesn't look like Kansas!!!!!
Keep us apprised on Stella.
Grandpa Addis
The sailboat picture looks so calm-not like the turmoil all around. I'm struggling at school-the cool, patient facade could break at any moment. I'd love to be back at Glen Lake
I hope today was good for Stella. When I taught nursery school the second day was often harder than the first. Hopefully it will get better each day from now on. You are in my prayers. BTW Elizabeth sang a beautiful song to me the other night and told me she loves me. What more could a grandma want.
Aunt Mary Ann
Hey all --
Stella did fine today. She cried some, but recovered quickly.
She seems pretty happy when she comes home. Hungry, but happy. She's pretty energetic, but falls asleep so easily before 8 p.m.
The schoolbus is supposed to come tomorrow. It's the responsibility of our local district to transport her, and they're really giving me the runaround. I had to pull out my mom fangs tonight when speaking with the director of transportation. They rarely return my calls, and didn't assign a busdriver to the route until 4 p.m. today (Tuesday).
I hope school eases up for you, Aunt Mary Ann. Yes, it sounds like Elizabeth is doing so wonderfully. I can't wait to see some progress in Stella.
WE are so proud of Stella. We are praying like mad too. God is getting deluged with all the prayers we are sending up lately. Karmel keep up the good work with the school, bus drivers, etc.. If you need me to send a strong attorney type letter to the superintendant of schools reminding them of their statuory duties let me know. The "nice "approach is probably best at first. Tell Mr. John I really like the pics. especially the gray-sky one overlooking Glen.("John was such a good boy")
Hope Elizabeth is doing great too. Somehow, I feel really confident about her doing just fine. Joe Dad
Post a Comment