Karmel,
Wow! What a day! We had our new student start today, which now makes 4 girls! Stella did great; she was in the routine like a pro, lined up great for transitions, played in the gym really well and is starting to really talk a lot more. Today we heard: up, cracker (which she was spontaneously requesting a lot!), come here, down, drink (drinka), book, puzzle, all of the animal names and sounds, and many more! She sat in my lap while I read a book to her, which was a first and she painted on a vertical surface, which we hadn’t tried before, but is a good developmental skill.
Her clothes got wet today b/c Stella tried to get in the water table, we stopped her, but she had already gotten water down the front of her. Also, she did get a little bit of paint on her even though we had a paint smock on her, it should wash out, though, it is crayola washable paint.
Other than some slight chaos, it was a good day.
-- Nicole
I was actually worried about sending Stella to school with a bit of a cold. She has been eating and sleeping okay, and her temperature has been close to normal. But I'm always leery to keep her home because she gets so bored and restless at home. Anyway, looks like it was the right choice.
Getting into the water table sounds just like something she'd do, Miss Sensory Seeker!
3 comments:
Karmel and John
It's good to see the teacher's remarks and maybe take a glimmer of hope and optimism from them. I think about Stella a lot and I just know she is going to do good things. We had a nice time in the "Baymont" basement last weekend. See you soon.Joe grampa dad
When I think of Stella trying to get into the water table, I have to smile.
It must feel good to get that feedback! Go Stella!!
Thanks everyone. Dad, I was telling John how remarkable that Jim Ryun got defeated. He's a Republican -- in Kansas no less -- and a former Olympic athlete. I guess this year sports hero + Republican didn't guarantee victory, even in Kansas. I could barely sleep Tuesday night because I was so curious what was going to happen in the election. No matter what your party affiliation, it seems like the voters always put things back in balance. For years, we've had one party legislating all national matters -- now there's a balance again. I didn't like it in 1994 when there was that change, but now I can see how balancing things out is probably for the best no matter which party you like.
I'm glad everyone enjoys the blog. Stella and I are sick this weekend -- terrible cold. But she made it through OT yesterday and is going again on Monday and Thursday next week. After Thanksgiving, she'll just go once a week. We're hoping it'll help teach her some motor planning skills so that we can deal with her better at home. As it is, she can't focus on anything and we can't even really play with her because she can't attend to a task for very long. I wouldn't even know what to get her for Christmas because her attention deficit is so bad.
I actually got a Friday progress report from the teacher ... because she's actually talking now and they're hearing what she can do. Now they just need to build on her skills.
We just need to make it through this cold and flu season ... I hope it's better than last year!
Post a Comment