Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year 2007

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. It's raining cats and dogs tonight in Michigan. We're just laying low and hoping nothing will keep Stella from getting tubes in her ears on Jan. 2nd.

We had a good Christmas. We got to see so many family members, including the extended Shirk family. And we enjoyed seeing all the Hribars, too! Stella did great at all the family gatherings. I was really impressed. John and I both decided she is definitely very social and seems to really enjoy being around her family. She wasn't clingy to either of us at all during Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Thanks to everyone who remembered us and Stella for Christmas. She got some really nice things that she's enjoying a lot. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring our camera to Joe and Kathy's at Christmas, so all we have is this picture of her here. Her Aunt Jill and Aunt Corinn got Stella this nice chair and she loves it! And Joe and Kathy got her this electronic learning game, among other things, and she's also fond of that, too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now that the new year is upon us, I feel much like I felt when I was pregnant with Stella -- like "yikes, the due date is right around the corner!" For some reason, after Christmas it really seems like it hits you. Before January, March seemed so far away! I hope to spend the next several weeks getting ready for the baby. Hopefully he won't arrive too early and surprise us. We've got a lot of baby stuff to dig out of boxes and bins -- with all of our moving, it's hard to tell where everything is.

Happy New Year to everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to all from Joe Dad and Rynnie. We are wishing and praying for Stella's succesful surgery and better and better things to come for her in 2007. Of course big time prayers and good wishes for the new little 'domino". We are just hanging around for the New year's day, keeping an eye on grandma.
Maybe going to look for a new t.v. today. Good luck to all for 2007. Joe Dad

MB said...

I'll be thinking of Stella tomorrow. I hope all goes well and that she feels much better soon.

It was great to see you. Thanks for making time for a visit. You all look great and I got such a kick out of Stella. She's got such a cute personality and I saw much more of it this time than over the summer. I hope she continues to improve.

Good luck getting ready for the baby. Happy New Year!

Karmel said...

Just an update ... the surgery went well today. It was over 5 minutes after they took her back, and the worst part for Stella was waking up from the anesthesia. It must've made her feel really bad. But she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Now we're just on the neverending quest to find out why she won't sleep .... at all! But looking forward to getting her back in school tomorrow.

MB said...

Oh, I'm glad that the surgery went well! I hope Stella stays healthy now.

I was thinking of you all day. :)