Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Christmas Tree, finally

We finally got our Christmas tree up last weekend! It's our first one in a long time. When we had the two apartments before, we didn't bother. It feels much more Christmasy to have a tree.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(John points out that the tree looks just as good with the colors reversed).

I have to thank my mom and John's mom, though. We hadn't accumulated any Christmas decorations, so my mom sent me some ornaments and a gift card to get stuff at Target for the tree. John's mom supplied us with some old ornaments that she had, so we have some history on our tree, too, which is so necessary, I think. Stella finds those old ornaments the most interesting, especially one that has two ducks. She's obsessed with farm animals of all kinds, so she always takes the duck ornament off the tree and carries it around.

Here below are a couple of awful pictures of me and Stella in front of the tree. For some reason, our camera doesn't snap a picture fast enough anymore so the good smiles and poses had passed a few seconds earlier. The only reason I'm putting this on here is because my best friend in Kansas, Shannon, said she never sees me on the blog. I figure she is curious about how big I've gotten so she can tease me! And I'm definitely bigger at this stage than I was with Stella. And that scares me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stella's surgery with her ear tubes is scheduled for January 2nd, which is the day before she goes back to school after Christmas. It will be at Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo. I just love them there. They have done all of Stella's testing, like her EEG and MRI when she was getting diagnosed, and have always been great from a pediatric standpoint. When I told them she had special needs and I didn't want her to miss a lot of school, they worked hard to find a spot for her.

We are also going to change Stella's medication for sleep. It's not working anymore, and we're not getting much sleep around here lately. Hopefully something else will work better.

Gotta go. Stella just turned on the TV by herself and changed the channel to CSPAN. Wow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and the news about Christmas, Stella, etc., Our tree is bought but it's still sitting on the deck in the stand. Hopefully we'll get it up this weekend. Good luck with Stella's ear surgery. Oooooh, I love that kid... Joe Dad

MB said...

Great tree!!

Thanks for posting pictures of yourself, Karmel. You look great! I hope to see you very soon.

Anonymous said...

Loved catching up with you guys. We miss all of you. Hope the new year brings good health and prosperity.