Sunday, March 11, 2007

One week with Albert John

Well, AJ is almost one week old, and we've had a good week! It's been pretty exhausting, though. John goes back to work tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about being on my own, but luckily I'm finally feeling better so hopefully I can take on all the challenges.

Joe and Kathy were here this weekend, and as usual, they were awesome! Stella was sick, so she was needier than usual, and Grandma and Papa kept her entertained, as well as fed us meals and helped with the baby. Thank you so much!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stella is being pretty typical in the sense that the baby is rocking her world. We're trying to teach her not to sit on top of him when he's in his bouncy seat. She's intrigued by all his baby stuff and his blankets.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wish us luck this week! We're striving for normalcy . . . but losing that hour of sleep last night due to daylight savings time didn't help!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Good luck this week- this is the portion of new parenthood that the thought of just terrifies me! ;) My aunt and uncle look so cute and happy with their new grandson. Yay! I love all the pictures; they make me smile...

MB said...

AJ is so cute!!! And, his grandparents look happy and proud.

Karmel, good luck this week. I'm sure you'll do great even though you're exhausted. You're such a natural, awesome mom!!! :)

Michelle said...

What a cutie pie! Looks like he's got his grandparents wrapped around his finger already. How wonderful that they could help you out!

Hope Stella's feeling better soon. And, that this week is less exhausting than the last one. Give your adorable kids a snuggle for me!

Anonymous said...

AJ looks SO cute! I can't wait to meet my new baby cousin. Good luck this week! I hope it is not too tough. Can't wait to see you.
Lauren

Karmel said...

Look at this! Lauren posted to the blog! Hi Lauren! I can't wait for you to meet your new baby cousin, too. Thank goodness you are so experienced with babies. I heard you were sick, but I hope you feel better soon!

– Aunt Karmel

Thanks to everyone for their nice posts about A.J. He's just a little doll. We're in the process of trying to figure out how to prevent him soaking himself during diaper changes. It sounds easy but it's really tricky! Stella is adjusting -- we've had a few rough days but that's to be expected!