Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The tornado sirens were sounding tonight

At around 6 p.m., the tornado sirens started going off. I was giving Stella a bath at the time. We had been watching the storm on the local news radar. Yikes! I looked outside and the sky looked greenish. I grabbed Stella out of the water and John grabbed A.J. and we headed to the basement.

They quickly canceled the tornado warnings, but it turned out to be a powerful storm. People from around the area were calling the TV station and saying that there were downed tree limbs and hail. We got worried about our little trees!

John snapped this picture of the clouds rolling in.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luckily, no damage to our trees. Huge sigh of relief.

A.J. is still growing like crazy. He's getting to wear all of his summertime clothes. It's been hot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stella continues to be our future musician. She got out her guitar on Saturday and played like the rock star she is destined to be.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Stella and little Albert a/k/a/ A.J. are really good. I miss them and you-all. Kudos to John on the tree planting. Do you think they need to be staked? Hope to see you guys next week/. Joe Dad