Monday, May 07, 2007

Lakeshire weekend

We spent the weekend close to home (a.k.a. "Lakeshire") and we got a few things accomplished. The weather was beautiful. I'd have no problem if it never got warmer than 75°!

I have to give major kudos to my husband. He planted 3 trees this weekend! And the first two were planted before noon on Saturday! This one is a locust:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He also planted a River Birch and a Cleveland Pear. Last November, we put in a white oak in our front yard. I'm excited about these trees. Our lot has some nice maples and spruce trees, but nothing casts a shadow over the house. We just get blasted by sun in the summer. Hopefully these trees will help. It might be a few years, though.

I don't know what we'd do for poor Stella if we didn't have a nice big backyard. She doesn't mind the dandelions.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hopefully we'll have a playset for her sometime soon. I got a sand and water table for her. I think she'll like that a lot.

She loves her baby brother more all the time. She points to his nose and says "baby's nose." Or ears, eyes, hands, mouth. I love how her little brother helped her start combining words on her very own. (I'm so proud of her!) We heard her say "Albert!" for the first time last week. Up to then, she said "A.J." (We call him by both). It's fun to watch them interact. She's very much like his little mom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unfortunately, he didn't sleep much over the weekend. He might have a bit of a cold, but we all have it. He's napped a little more today:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have a great week!

2 comments:

MB said...

It sounds like Stella is adjusting to having a brother quite well. I can imagine that it wasn't easy for her at first. Her interactions with him are good for both of them!

Thanks again for posting such cute pictures!

Karmel said...

I'm glad you enjoy the pics, MB! Stella is adjusting well, but I don't know if I have it all figured out yet! I love it when A.J. is calm and I can run around with Stella in the backyard or do something with her. Trouble is, the timing when she gets home from school is bad. He's fussier in the evenings and she is hyper from a long day of school!

A.J. had his well baby check yesterday and he is 12 pounds! Growing big!