She'll be in a new school next year, so we will miss her teacher Miss Nicole.

It was also her last day of riding the bus all the way to Albion every morning. I'm glad she won't have such a long ride, but I'll miss seeing her morning busdriver, Lori, everyday. She's become a big part of our lives, though, and promises to watch Stella for me this summer when I need help!
Stella won't be out of school for long. She'll go for about a month in the summer here in town, 4 days a week. That starts in a week and a half. Then she's free the end of July and the whole month of August.
In other news ...
Albert is ever-changing and growing! We got a smile on camera ... it's kind of goofy. He was smiling at his daddy after waking up from a nice nap.

And he looks so big sitting in the Bumbo seat.
2 comments:
Stella looks beautiful, as always, Little Albert is looking great and even John Joseph is looking tanned and rested. Karmel, I hope you are doing good too. Miss all you guys. Hope you have a good visit with Cree and family. Love to all, Joe Dad
Karmel,
Thank heavens they have schooling in your part of Michigan for those with special needs. What a special teacher and bus driver Stella had this past year.
I still claim that AJ looks like a clone from Joe Dad. Course by looking at John, one can see where the similarities come in.
Still trying to get your Uncle Donie hitched to an Amish lady (though he still has no clue yet). I have talked to three of the new Amish families now about it. I have had numerous discussions with them on signage, hitching posts and their most common public needs. I served for six months with an Amish in Viet-Nam. Naturally he was disowned/shunned when he joined the Marines, but his mother still wrote him and sent him their newspaper that was written in some kind of German. He came to our outfit when I had been in Nam for about seven months and we ignored him like we did all the new guys - they'd just get you killed. He did get our attention when he mentioned something about the USA landing a man on the moon. We thought he was nuts! We were that isolated and had no idea a manned moon landing was in the works. News of any kind came slowly. He and I did become friends.
A three year old neighbor girl has adopted me. It helps to make up for not being able to see Stella. Her name is Carryington Lopez and every time she spots me she runs across the alley and tags along and asks me four questions a minute. Her 11 year old cousin says she really likes me - which is strange since most kids don't.
As far as my back, I have had three lumbar epidural injections over a four week period that has not helped. A more radical and painful procedure may be in the offing. Next week (June 11th) would have been the week we wanted to come visit. I have critical meetings from Juvenile justice; privatizing the administrative aspects of the Kansas Department of Commerce; and meeting with Homeland Security officals on Friday to inspect county buildings in Labette County - Commissioners have to be present.
Sorry, I should have put most of this in a personal e-mail. Your family looks great and I miss not being able to see them.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment