As much as I'd like to wait until he's 6 months old, I think he wants to eat solid foods already. He watches us with interest when we eat, smacks his lips, and then starts whining, "Mmmmmm, nnnn, hmmmmm, mmmmmmm...." He's just drooling with anticipation.

But I am nervous to let him have anything other than milk because Stella started having digestive problems when we started solid foods. Of course, I'd better get over that fear or else A.J.'s going to start eating his hands ...
He's a little down-and-out today from teething pain.

Someone else is getting big too. And she really likes her role as big sister. (Except for the part where he feels like he can take her stuff!)

We're getting some much-needed rain here today, but Stella is bored. She has been spending a lot of time outside on her playset getting braver and braver on the swing. One year ago she was terrified of being on a swing, but after almost 10 months of occupational therapy (which addresses sensory integration issues), she climbs on her swing, twists and turns, and is now letting us push her higher and higher. It's so awesome to hear her giggle and squeal.
She's still into her "art," and spends a lot of time on her masterpieces.

I just had to post the above picture, because Stella is also having a good hair day. Those good hair days are few and far between because we haven't seen Aunt Jill for a haircut in a long time. Aunt Jill and Uncle Bill are making the last preparations for their new baby girl who will be born by the end of the month. We can't wait!
Hope everyone has an enjoyable week. It's a quiet Sunday here. John and I plan on grilling salmon today if it clears up. Stella and I will hopefully take a trip to Wal-mart while A.J. stays with Dad and practices drinking from the bottle.
A boring life is a good one!
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how fast 5 months goes by!?! I keep looking at Aaron and think soon he will be crawling and then walking and I will be done with the baby stage for good. He's finally sleeping through the night with an occassional 12am feeding. We started him on cereal at 4 months and now are half way through Gerber vegetables. He also finally started rolling from his back to his tummy but hasn't figured out tummy to back. All in good time I guess:-) Anyway, it's great to hear about Stella. I keep up with your blogs and am happy to hear how well she is doing in school. Hopefully things only continue to get better! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Laurie, thanks for posting. Good to hear from you. I am envious of your little one sleeping. AJ has been rolling both ways and now he's creeping/crawling, so he just bangs himself up inside his crib and gets his head stuck in the corners of it. Just rolling against the side of it also wakes him up.
(For the record, Aaron and Albert were born on the same day).
I'm glad to hear little Aaron is doing so well. I am nostalgic about this baby time, too, but if I get real with myself, I know I couldn't deal with anymore babies anyway!
Thanks for checking up on Stella, Laurie, she's very bored right now. We can't wait til school picks back up on Sept. 4th.
Karmel,
Loved the pictures of AJ and Stella. AJ is getting to be a cute little rascal now that he is getting some hair.
Aunt Edie brought back some worthwhile news. One, that John could never live in Kansas. He was complaining about the heat there in Battle Creek while here it is really hot! The most delightful news, was the genuine affection that AJ and Stella have for the other. How they both light up of a morning when they see the other. That tugged at my heart to hear her telling that news. The optimism she shared on Stella was encouraging. This amazingly beautiful child has so much intelligence just bursting to come out, but as yet unable to fully do so. We are praying for that day.
Talked to Uncle Pernell last night when he called. He broke his leg pretty good on his Harley, but vows he'll get right back on. His surgery was successful at Stanford and he went home last night. He had become so important to Stanford University Medical, that they want him to be on-line to help guide them through some of his duties.
Great having Edie back. In relating a normal day for you, Edie said you wouldn't believe how any one person could do it. I'm proud of you.
Love Ya,
Dad
Post a Comment