Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thank You, Aunt Edie!

This morning, Aunt Edie boarded the Blue Water train for Chicago. She's got a long day of travel ahead of her, and then she'll be back in Kansas City to spend a few more days with Jerad late tonight.

Stella and AJ watched from their car seats as Aunt Edie got on the train. We said goodbye quickly so there'd be no tears. We said a lot of goodbyes before we left the house though.

Stella had some morning cuddles with her before we went to the station:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Aunt Edie even became adept at using the sling, which made AJ happy!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you, Aunt Edie! Thank you for helping me and giving so much nurturing, love and support to someone who really needed it! Thank you for scrubbing floors and making beds and doing laundry ... and the list goes on! It was so good to have you here and you will be missed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Aunt
Edie has a pleasant trip back home to Kansas on the train, it makes for a long day of travel, perhaps she'll meet some enteresting people on her travels. Usually during my trips on the plane no one says much of anything and they don't want to be bothered so they can use their computer or their cell phone. I know the kids will miss her a great deal. Stella will be starting back to school soon and AJ has day care to look forward to so that will be a new experience , Hugs and Kisses to Aunt Edie and God Bless her MOM

Anonymous said...

Mom, A. Edie and I were talking, and you might consider taking the train next time you come, too. It only cost her $164 round trip.

She got on at K.C. but there is an Amtrak train that goes through Topeka to K.C. and then hooks up with the Southwest Chief to Chicago.

Funny thing, the whole time she was here, there were reports on the news about how horrible air traffic and airport problems have gotten.

She liked the train experience; I think she thought the people were nicer and less stressful because no security checks and being there 2 hours early, etc.

Anonymous said...

Well, I made it home tonight about 9 to a very hot and humid Kansas with no kids. I really miss not having that good night kiss from Stella and the big open mouth kiss from AJ in the morning. They will both change so much before I see them again. SNIFF!

Lonesome Aunt Edie