For Stella, Saturday mornings is about learning to swim, at her special swimming class in Kalamazoo. I really love taking her to this class because she has such a good time. When she got up Saturday, I told her it was her day to go swimming, and she camped next to our side door, anxious to go.

She's only one of two children in the class ... it's specificially designed for kids with special needs. But it was not expensive (as you might think), and the teacher is awesome.

It's held at this gorgeous therapy pool, which is part of a nearby hospital. We're considering doing the class another six weeks after this one is done.
But considering that this is Stella's 3rd "appointment" of the week, along with speech therapy and occupational therapy, I feel pretty swamped. It's good to keep her busy, but I don't know if I want to be this busy! (I'm also committing 2 days a week to my job, as well).
Add to that the potty training ... I have to watch her constantly. I can't let her be alone and miss an opportunity to let her go potty.
And I have to watch this little guy all the time too.

He can get all over the house now. He can find anything anywhere. He's getting so much more mobile and so strong, but he still loses his balance a lot of falls over 10 times a day ... his poor noggin!
John calls him "our little buck." He's so physical.
The other day, he printed out 11 pages from the printer .. somehow.

Not to complain about these things, though. It's good that Stella is using the potty and that AJ is into exploring the world around him. It's joyful to watch them both learn and grow, but last night was one of the first night's [in my life] that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I look forward to taking a vacation someday!
3 comments:
A.J. looks like a computer repair man standing there fixing the printer, and Stella looks like she is training for the olympic swim team, Grandma can't wait to get there and help watch the kids I love those little faces See you soon Grandma Susan
Stella looks pretty cool in that pool. It's probably a major hassle to do all those things for her but I really believe these things are all going to help her a lot. I remeber when our kids were little there were some days that Kathy would go out on the porch and scream " I hate children". You probably heard those stories allready. Last weekend was beautiful at the cottage. It was like mid summer. Little Albert is looking pretty impressive as he makes his way throughout the house. Look out when he starts walking/running. Karmel, did you hear that the Autism walk that we participated in at the Zoo raised over $500,000? It was pretty amazing to see all those people participating in the walk. See you guys soon. Joe Dad
STella Looks so comfy in the water, it amazes me how she is not scared of it. AJ is going to be a wild man in a couple of months! Glad you keep us all updated with the pictures!
Aunt Edie
Post a Comment