Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Favorite Place

Today started off as a great day. AJ got a good night's sleep and woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Stella excitedly ran to the schoolbus eager to climb aboard. I woke up a little happier knowing I lost 3 lbs on Weight Watchers last week. (Yay!) It's a beautiful day and unseasonably warm for Michigan.

After I dropped AJ off at daycare (today is a work-day for me), I stopped at one of my favorite places – the Farmer's Market. I had very little money in my pocket, so I only bought apples and tomatoes, and just took some pictures to savor the rest:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beautiful display by an Amish farmer who frequents all the markets nearby!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I always like getting the fresh eggs even though they are expensive. I resisted today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really came to get my new favorite snack food; the honeycrisp apple. These guys are all the rage around here. Everyone loves them. They sell out of them faster than any other apple. In fact, the guy in line behind me asked for honeycrisp apples too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since I'm on Weight Watchers, I'm grabbing for the apples instead of the Fritos. This year's crop of honeycrisp really are wonderful. Maybe it was the weather this summer, but the flavor is so bright that it almost reminds me of apple cider.

I worked through the afternoon getting my work laptop set up, and then left in a hurry to pick up Stella so we could make it to speech therapy in Kalamazoo by 3:15.

Well, we were stopped in our tracks when we got a flat tire! A nail punctured the tire and belt and we had to wait for help to change it, and now we have to get a new tire because the gouge was over ¼ inch! What bad luck! That tire barely had 3,500 miles on it. And a new one isn't cheap.

So not the world's perfect day, but at least it's beautiful out.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice pictures! I'm jealous of all that good produce.

Good luck with Weight Watchers- it really helped Paul and I. I am a huge proponent of it. And I still eat at LEAST one apple a day. Also, I became addicted to light string cheese. It's a great snack to grab quick, and only 1 point, if I remember correctly. Have you made any 0 point soup yet? It's not terrific, but it does the trick when you're starving. Also, the Progresso Light soup (0 points for 1 serving, 2 for the can) is really good if you don't have time to cook! :)

Hmmmm... maybe we should start swapping recipes...

Karmel said...

Carrie, this is actually my third time doing WW. The first was when we were still in GPW, a year before Stella was born, and I lost 15 pounds. The second time was after she was born, but I didn't get serious and didn't lose anything.

Now that I know I'm not having anymore kids, the time is NOW! for me to get serious. Thanks for your tips on the soups. I know you and Paul have really done awesome at keeping your weight down; you both look fantastic!

Did you ever get one of those pie shields? I want to buy one because I'm tired of using foil.

Gotta go. AJ is under the computer, pulling the mouse off ....