
In addition to Stella's usual high maintenance, she is doing a potty training protocol through her school, which has involved an exhausting regimen of bathroom trips, accidents and wet pants, a sensor with an alarm that doesn't work because it doesn't always "catch the stream." I've never been so stressed in all my days. If it were my idea, I probably wouldn't have picked now to potty train her, but the school is offering support so I am going with it ... as best I can.

Grandma is in hospice now. She is in our thoughts and prayers. She had a massive stroke about a week and a half ago. Everyone is so sad about this. We love her so much and she has been so important to everybody.
4 comments:
My condolences about Grandma Puzzuoli. I'm very sad about that, too. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers now.
That potty training thing sounds like a nightmare! Is it some sort of study? I would have bailed long before now. I hope your patience and hard work pay off!
I LOVE the picture of AJ on the move. Poor you...active and fast one year olds are not easy. But they sure are joyful!
Hang in there.
Little Albert looks like a man on the move. He's got that mischievious look in his eye. I love it. Grandma continues to struggle. We are not really sure how much she is aware of.. It's obvious to us though that she reacts most strongly to Anthony and Lauren as far as seeming to know them and being alert. Of course in recent years the only time she got a real smile or sparkle in her eyes was when she was holding or playing with one of the great grandkids. They basically are trying to keep her comfortable at the hospital and it's the hardest thing I've ever done to sit with her and watch her fade away but the alternatives are even worse. Karmel I sympathize with you on the potty training thing with Stella. We had some similar things going with the kids. Somehow you get through these things. Of course with our darling Stella, everything is twice as hard. I also wanted you know I'm still plowing throught the Greenspan book and enjoying it a lot. It's taking me a lot longer than the novels I usually read. Hoping for happier times. Joe Dad
I hadn't heard about Grandma Puzzuoli. I'm so sorry! Big hugs and lots of love to everyone.
I am so, so sorry about Grandma Puzzuoli. I've been thinking so much about her and all of you in the Puzzuoli family. You are in my prayers.
Karmel, you are pretty incredible in your persistence with Stella's development. I'm also sorry to hear of your recent stressful struggles with potty training. I hope you get some relief very soon.
I hope some easier times are just around the corner for you.
Post a Comment