Here are some pictures of A.J.'s special day.
A.J.'s Grandma Kathy made sure he looked dapper in an all-white Polo outfit:

And I think it was Grandma Kathy and Papa Joe who took some of these pictures of the service:

There are only 4 days during the year in which our church – St. Thomas Episcopal – does baptisms ... Epiphany, Easter Vigil, Pentecost and All Saints. Yesterday was Pentecost and it was a beautiful service. Here is the baptism itself:

The baptism took place during the Sunday morning service, and much of the service was centered around the baptism. It was a really beautiful ceremony. AJ's head got really wet and he got lots of oil on his head, too!
Afterwards, Father Caskey took him up and down the aisles of the church and the parishoners shook his little hands and congratulated him.

He has two wonderful godparents: Tony and Kathy. I am so glad they will always be part of his life.

And now we start another busy week with appointments for Stella and all kinds of other stuff.
I had a good Mother's Day though.
4 comments:
I got a full report from Kathy when she returned. I also saw all her pictures. Sorry Mary Ann and I couldn't be there. However, we were there in spirit. God bless AJ!
I got a full report from Kathy when she returned. I also saw all her pictures. Sorry Mary Ann and I couldn't be there. However, we were there in spirit. God bless AJ!
Happy Mother's Day! (Only one day late.)
AJ looks so handsome in his outfit. Awww! What cute godparents too.
Karmel, I look bad in that picture. I have a better version that I'll have to send to you.
By the way, I had such a nice weekend with all of you. The service was beautiful-- I'm so glad I got to be part of it.
Post a Comment