Saturday, June 07, 2008

Summer begins

The warm weather is finally here. It seems like just a few weeks ago, we were wishing away the snow. Now it's a different world. It's getting hot, too hot for Michigan in June, so we have to water the young trees. A.J. likes to participate in this.

Photobucket

Stella does, too.

Photobucket

Drowned rat.
Photobucket

Here is Stella in her horseback lesson. It's not a very good picture, but at least you can see she's on the horse and she's not crying. They work on her balance and coordination a lot, so she often has to grab something out of the instructors' hands and pass it to the other one. It forces her to lean forward, sideways, back and maintain her balance.

Photobucket

Stella is off all next week and then she starts summer school on the 16th. It's only Monday-Thursday, though. I'm trying to come up with things for her to do on Friday, her "day off." It's best not to let her get bored. Now I just wish I could figure out what to do with her energetic young brother, who's completely ornery. He's going to take a parent/child swimming class with his dad this summer. John promised me he would do it without complaint!

4 comments:

Karmel said...

Just a P.S.

Stella swam about 5 feet yesterday WITH NO FLOATIES ON! Her teacher has been working with her on coordinating her arms and legs. Getting her arms to move has been hard, but yesterday, she did it! She swam all by herself!

Anonymous said...

Good for Stella!

Are you planning on taking the kids up to the cottage this summer?

MB said...

Way to go Stella!!! I'm so impressed that she can swim. Was she excited?

It's so hard to imagine warm weather (even though I visited warm Santa Fe last weekend). It's been so cold here all week. It feels like fall. It's fun to see the kids in shorts and to see that it's summer in the rest of the country!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Love all the fun water shots of the kids. they look so cute!! I miss them and you and John too! Hope everyone is doing well. CONGRATS to STella on her big swimming and riding accomplishments. That is so good!!
Can't wait to see you all. I heard a rumor you might be down for Father's day?! Hope so! Stella's hair is getting long. It looks so pretty though! Love and kisses,
Aunt Jill