Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowed In

Well, I finally got a few pictures on my 8 GB memory card; they're not very good, though.

But what else do I have to do but put them on the blog? We got another 4 inches of snow on top of the few inches we already had. I can't believe that the official start of winter is 3 days away, because it has felt like we're in the middle of January for about a month. It makes me wonder what we've got in store for us ...

I poked my head out the front door and took this:
Photobucket

And here is the back of the house:
Photobucket

All the schools were closed today, and our street hasn't even been plowed as of 2:30 p.m. The kids are going stir crazy.

They took turns trying on their dad's snow boots:

Photobucket

Unless something strange happens, it looks like a white Christmas for sure.

After some heavy shoveling, here are John and A.J. having breakfast. They both love maple & brown sugar Quaker oatmeal:
Photobucket

I spent the morning making Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps for John's office party.

Photobucket

These are so easy. It's a Paula Deen recipe, and there's like 4 ingredients. They just take a lot of time!

Unfortunately, we made a TON of these, but several of John's coworkers didn't make it into the office because of the weather.

Oh, this snowy weather stuff is starting so EARLY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karmel those sweet chicken wraps look mighty good. We had about 9-10 inches of snow today. Unfortunately it was our office Christmas lunch today so I had to brave the wintry blast and venture out. Uncle Hribar never made it as he got stuck in the street in front of his house. Everyone else made it and it worked out just fine. Stay Warm you all...

Joe Dad