That's what I've had to do. My kids have been sick . . . AGAIN!
It was just a couple of weeks ago that I took both of them to the doctor for being sick, and now, it's a new thing all over again.
Both have been snotty, coughing, not sleeping or eating, missing school and daycare, and overall miserable. Stella seems to be able to get over things herself, whereas A.J. is on antibiotics again. We're biding our time until Jan. 20th when we go back to the ear/nose/throat specialist to confirm her needs his ear tubes redone and his adenoids taken out. I hope we don't have a long wait to get the surgery. A.J. simply cannot get over a cold himself. It seems to always turn into a severe sinus/ear infection that needs antibiotics...and I hate having to give him antibiotics because while they do clear up the infection, they're not good in other ways. Here is a photo of the pathetic little fellow.

He didn't let me put him down all day long yesterday. My back was aching from carrying him. Still, it was better than the screaming/hanging on me he was doing.
If/when he gets this surgery, it'll be my 4th time taking a kid for this. Stella has had two sets of tubes and her adenoids out, and now it looks like A.J. will too. I'll bet they recognize me at the surgery center this year.
Like I said, Stella's case hasn't been as severe, but yesterday her teacher called me to come pick her up. I assume it would be because she was coughing and didn't feel well overall, despite her eagerness to go to school that morning. Well, as it turns out, she had diarrhea 4 times. Luckily, she didn't have a repeat episode when we got home. She was up bouncing on her bed at 4 a.m. this morning so I assume she's fine today. I sent her. The bus drove off in the snow...we got a few inches last night and looks like we'll get more soon.
Here's Stella when she put a container on her head the other night. This happy girl is the Stella I know and love.

Both kids are still enjoying the bounty of their Christmas gifts... piano keyboards (3 of them), new clothes, puzzles, books, and A.J. in particular is having a blast with his art easels. Green fingerpaint everywhere!

January and February are the WORST MONTHS for this severe cold stuff. I'm ready for winter to be over already!
No comments:
Post a Comment